The Texas Concealed Handgun License Class is a One Day Class (10 hours) or a Two Night Class (5 hours each night) and cost:
$100 – Standard
$80 – Senior Citizen (60+)
$80 – Veteran (must provide proof)
$80 – Active Military (must provide proof)
The price includes:
- Classroom Fee
- Range Fee
- Notarizing your Affidavits (Not required if applying online for your CHL at the DPS website)
- Passport Photos (2 – 2”x2” photos)
- Envelope for Photos
- Photo Holder/ID Signature (Form CHL-6)
- Certificate of Completion (Form CHL-100)
- Large Brown Envelope (to mail forms to DPS)
Note: Effective March 1st, 2011, the TX DPS requires that all Texas Concealed Handgun License Applicants obtain their fingerprints from L1. You cannot schedule an appointment until the TX DPS has received your application. To schedule an appointment, call 1-888-467-2080 or visit their website at www.L1enrollment.com.
Please bring to class:
- Your state I.D., Driver’s License, or US Passport
- Black pen & paper for notes
You will be required to qualify with a handgun!
- Bring your UNLOADED handgun and UNLOADED magazine in a bag or case.
- If possible, leave your handgun in your vehicle until the instructor instructs you to bring the handgun to the shooting range.
- If you cannot leave your handgun in your vehicle, bring your unloaded handgun unloaded magazine and your ammo (in a bag or case) to the classroom. The Instructor will store your handgun and ammo in our Gun Cabinet. The Gun Cabinet is secure and is in the classroom. The instructor will give you your handgun and ammo when it is time for you to qualify.
- Only standard handgun calibers can be shot on our range.
- Bring 50 rounds for the qualification exercise.
- Bring extra ammo for practice.
Note: We do not sell ammo. If you bring your own handgun, you will need to supply your own ammunition.
If you do not have a handgun, you can rent a handgun, including ammo, when you take the class.
Note: If you qualify with a Revolver, you can only carry a Revolver. If you qualify with a Semiautomatic, you can carry either a Revolver or a Semiautomatic. We encourage everyone to qualify with a Semiautomatic. Also, it is more expensive to qualify with a Revolver, because the ammo is more expensive.
On the range, you will shoot the following qualification:
From a distance of 3 Yards: